Once you have your Cloud Backup account set up, you can start uploading backups of your computer files and folders into the Cloud. With your backup files, you can then recover physical machines via the Cloud Backup console using any web browser, in case your computer or machine crashes.
If you want to know how to access the Cloud Backup, click the guide below:
If you want to access the Cloud Backup console via the Cloud Backup Agent, you have to first download and install the appropriate agent for your computer or device.
If you want to know how to download the Cloud Backup Agent, click the link below:
If you want to know how to install the Cloud Backup Agent, click the link below:
Moreover, before performing a recovery, you need to have backups of your computer or device first. If you want to know how to create a Backup using Cloud Backup, click here.
How to recover a Physical machine using Cloud Backup
Once you are in the Cloud Backup console, follow the steps below to know how to recover a physical machine:
- Click Device on the left menu bar, which will open the list of all computers and devices connected to the Cloud Backup.
- Select the computer or device you want to back up, then click Recovery on the right menu bar. This will open another menu, where you can configure the following:
||This is where you can set the target computer or device for the backup you want to recover.
||This is where you can find and download all backup files stored in your Cloud account.
Download ISO Image
||This is where you can download an ISO image that you can turn into a bootable media. You can put the ISO image in a flash drive, a disc, or a virtual machine.
- Choose a recovery point on the Backups tab.
Note: If the computer or device is offline, you will not be able to see the recovery points belonging to it.
- Click Recover.
- Select Entire machine. The software will automatically map the disks from the backup to the target machine.
- Click Start Recovery.
- Confirm that you want the backup to overwrite the target computer or device.
- Select your preference on whether to restart your computer automatically or not.
Depending on your internet connection, you may have to wait a few minutes for the recovery process to complete. You can check the recovery progress by clicking the Activities tab on the right menu bar.
Congratulations, you now know how to recover a physical machine using Cloud Backup.
Important note: If you need to recover OS X or any OS (operating system) to raw/new computer systems or an offline machine, you need to use a bootable media.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.