Managed server hosting is like renting a fully-equipped office space.
As your landlord does the maintenance for you, a server provider offers server space, maintenance, security, and technical support, so you can focus on your core business activities.
In this article, we’ll understand what is managed hosting and how it can benefit your small businesses.
What is Managed Hosting?
Managed hosting is a web hosting service where the provider manages and maintains the server and its associated infrastructure for you.
The service commonly includes server setup, software installation and updates, security monitoring and patching, backup and disaster recovery, and technical support.
Hosting providers offer managed hosting for dedicated server hosting, virtual private server (VPS) hosting, and cloud hosting.
The level of management and support provided can also vary depending on your specific needs and requirements.
How Does Managed Server Hosting Work?
All in all, managed server hosting is a solution where the hosting provider takes care of the technical aspects of server management.
It’s ideal for businesses that don’t have the technical expertise, bandwidth, or resources to manage their own servers.
Here are the key elements of how managed server hosting works:
- Server setup and configuration: The hosting provider sets up and configures the server hardware and software according to your specific needs. It includes installing the operating system, database software, web server software, and any other necessary applications.
- Server maintenance: The hosting provider takes care of security updates, monitoring server performance, and managing backups.
- Security: The hosting provider is also responsible for implementing security measures to protect the server and client data from unauthorised access or attacks. It includes implementing firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and anti-virus software.
- Support: The hosting provider offers technical support, addressing any server-related issues that may arise in the process.
- Customisation: Managed server hosting plans often allow for some level of customisation. It may include the ability to install custom software or configure server settings.
7 Benefits of Managed Hosting
1. Improved Reliability
Managed hosting providers have systems in place to ensure that your website or application is always available. They monitor your site 24/7 to detect and resolve any issues that may arise.
2. Better Security
Have a team of security experts who can help protect your website or application from security threats such as malware, hacking attempts, and DDoS attacks. Also, you can be at peace knowing your software and hardware security are up-to-date.
Get scalable solutions that can accommodate the growth of your website or application. You can upgrade your resources as needed without the need to manage the technical details.
4. Reduced IT Burden
With managed hosting, you can focus on running your business instead of managing the technical details of your website or application. 5.
5. Improved Website Performance
Managed hosting providers use high-performance hardware and software to ensure that your website or application runs without a hitch and is optimised for fast loading speeds.
6. Expert Support
Get expert support to help you resolve any technical problems. You can also ask for advice on how to improve the performance and security of your website or application.
While managed hosting may be more expensive than self-hosting, it turns into a cost-effective solution in the long run. It helps you save money by getting rid of hiring an in-house IT team, hardware maintenance, and costly security breaches.
A Reliable Managed Hosting Partner Can Make the Difference
The global web hosting services market is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.5% from 2020 to 2027. The ease and convenience that a managed hosting provider offers is fueling this growth.
When selecting a managed hosting partner, it’s important to consider factors such as reliability, security, customer support, pricing, and scalability.
Before you zero in on Crazy Domains or any other managed hosting partner, focus on understanding your specific needs and requirements.
Do your research and compare different hosting providers to find the one that best suits your needs. Doing so helps you make informed decisions and get the best return on investment for your business.